Divorce/Dissolution of registered partnership

Your divorce or the dissolution of your registered partnership must be reported to your Swiss representation abroad so that the data in the various Swiss registers can be updated.

If the decision is issued abroad, the foreign authorities do not inform the Swiss representation. This is why you need to submit the required documents to your representation. The civil status authority in Switzerland is in charge of entering the information on the decision in the register.

If the decision was issued in Switzerland, you will also have to have your civil status change entered in the Register of the Swiss Abroad.